The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D.).
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to brand Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning. VCS supports students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health. The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international Ph.D. students studying at Canadian universities.
Information for nominating institutions: Nominating institutions are encouraged to consider diversity in discipline, gender, official language, and citizenship when considering which applicants to nominate for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
Brief Description of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships
Scholarship Host: The Vanier’s scholarships are hosted by Canada’s three federal funding agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Scholarship Location: Canada
Worth of Scholarship: $50,000 annually for three years.
Country Eligibility: All Nationality
Application Deadline: For nominating institutions: November 3, 2021 (20:00 EDT). For Students: Consult nominating institution for submission deadline.
Annual Offer: Yes
Scholarship Type: Doctoral (Ph.D.)
Number of Scholarships: Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually.
Areas of Research
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
The requirement for the Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships
These scholarships are open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and international students pursuing a doctoral degree at eligible Canadian universities
- be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research programs such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2023;
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Eligibility of Degree Programs
- Doctoral awards are tenable only in degree programs that have a significant research component. The research component must be a requirement for completion of the program and is considered to be significant original, autonomous research that leads to the completion of a dissertation, major scholarly publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit that is merit reviewed at the institutional level. Clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant research component, as described above.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards, and distinctions.
- Research potential, as demonstrated by the candidate’s research history, his/her interest in discovery, the proposed research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, the potential benefit to Canadians, and any anticipated outcomes.
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability), as defined by the following qualities:
- Personal Achievement:
- Involvement in Academic Life:
- Volunteerism/community outreach:
- Civic engagement:
Method of Application
Candidates must be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Visit the Scholarship Website for more information
Click to Download FREE Past Questions Here, Or Purchase below.
How to Purchase This Past Questions & Answers
Make a bank deposit or mobile transfer of ₦2,000 only to the account given below;
Bank Name: GTB
Account Number: 0663846532
Account Name: IJIOMA ELISHA
After making the payment, Click Here to send the following;
- Depositor’s Name or Screenshot of Payment
- Name of the Past Question
- Active Email Address
to us on WhatsApp +2349056340901. Or Call Us On 07031822769
Once your details have been received and your payment confirmed by us, you will receive the past question in your email or WhatsApp within 5 Minutes.