Canada Memorial Foundation scholarship is awarded to students who have shown bravery, academic excellence, willingness to study, and those who have shown that they can make the most of every moment. The scholarship is for students from the U.K. or Canada looking to continue their masters’ studies in Canada or the U.K.
The scholarship is of two types: both will provide a fully-funded award to successful applicants for one year. Applicants for each award will only be considered based on their quality (Leadership and ambassadorial) and academic achievements.
This scholarship will cover the tuition fee for eligible students for one academic year providing students with a cash award of £10,000.00. the scholarship covers your expenses for one academic year, however, students applying for studies that will exceed one year must have to provide proof of fund that ensures you have enough cash to see out the duration of your course program.
Canada Memorial Foundation Scholarship Details
Host Country: Canada
Eligible Countries: International Students
Degree Offered: Masters Degree Program
Scholarship Coverage: Fully Funded
Funded by: Canada Memorial Foundation
Scholarship Available: NA
Application Deadline: Opens 1st of September every year and closes in December
International students who are successful with obtaining this scholarship will receive several benefits in cash or otherwise. It will cover the following: Arrival Allowance, Monthly Stipend, Tuition Fees, Departure Allowance, Visa Application, and Grants for attending different events.
A monthly stipend of £800.00 for 11 months, paid into the scholar’s UK bank account. The first payment would be on the 1st of August (about one month before the start of the program) and the last would be on the 1st of June.
An initial payment of £1,200.00 to cover the cost of return airfare and other travel expenses, payable on 1st July before the program starts).
Eligibility for U.K. Students Looking to Study in Canada
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents in the U.K.
- Applying students will have accepted an offer of admission to study a master’s program at a university in Canada.
- Applying students will have to complete a bachelor’s program and hold a first or upper-second-class honors degree.
- Show clearly that you are willing to study in Canada.
- Applying students must demonstrate leadership and ambassadorial qualities, also show proof of great academic achievements.
- Applying students will also be required to show proof of language proficiency, and meet the language test requirement score to study in Canada.
Eligibility for Canadian Students Looking to Study in the U.K.
- Applying students must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Applying students must have accepted an offer of admission to study a master’s program at a university in the U.K.
- Applying students will have completed a bachelor’s program and hold a first or upper-second-class honors degree.
- Show clearly that you are willing to study in the U.K. and the reason why.
- Applying students will demonstrate leadership and ambassadorial qualities and show proof of great academic achievements.
- Have proven, strong academic achievement
- Demonstrate Canadian pride and ambassadorial skills for a connected Canada and Great Britain
- Applying students will also be required to show proof of language proficiency, and meet the language test requirement score to study in the U.K.
- Applying students will be required to show that they will return to their country to become a leader.
- Applying students will have to provide proof of relevant work experience for a minimum of 3 years.
- Applying students should be below the age of 28 by the application deadline.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
- Applying students is required to provide CMF with a detailed written report about their experience in Canada or the U.K. and up to 4 shorter ‘blog’-style updates that the CMF can use in its online material or as extracts in printed material.
- Attend many social events with the Trustees, Academic Committee, and other current/former scholars before and after their time away, all aimed at building the community of CMF scholars and potentially raising new funds to support future scholars.