Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 | Apply Now to Study in the United Kingdom
The Common Wealth Scholarships Commission (CSC), which is presently accepting online applications from overseas students of all majors, is sponsoring commonwealth scholarships in 2022. For the 2022 session, candidates must submit papers as well as commonwealth scholarships.
The foreign, commonwealth and development office of the United Kingdom funds the majority of CSC grants. Scholarships and fellowships from the Common Wealth offered gifted and determined individuals the opportunity to advance their knowledge and abilities in their field. In order to contribute to the long-term sustainability and growth of their own countries.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022;
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship;
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Commonwealth Scholarships 2022 Benefits
As previously stated, the UK government is completely funding the Common Wealth Scholarships 2022. This means that the UK government will fund all the expenditures of the student who receives a scholarship.
In 2022, the British government will take responsibility for the following costs of students who apply for Common Wealth Scholarships.
- Transportation cost waiver
- Tuition fee waiver
- Textbooks allowance
- Accommodation fee funding
- Personal Expense allowance (£1,133/month for small cities, and £1,190/month for big cities.)
- Visa and travel fee
- Medical expenses
Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Criteria
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Required Documents For Commonwealth Scholarships Application
In order to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships application process, applicants should have the following documents ready.
- Research proposal in order to propose your innovative ideas
- Scholarship CV and Cover letter
- Work experience letter
- Your study plan
- Motivation letter enlisting key point on why you are applying for the Scholarships funding
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- 3 recommendation letters by your previous professors
- Letter of intent (LOI).
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarships
You must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies
Throughout the year, the Commonwealth Scholarships have many programs accessible for application. As a result, applicants can apply for Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarships at any time during the year.
This was our comprehensive guide to the Commonwealth Scholarships in 2022 for international students for the upcoming academic year. If you found this post useful, please leave a comment and tell us what you thought.